Mittwoch, 14. März 2018

iron maiden - s/t

in my last iron maiden post i asked myself if i was ready for some non-bruce dickinson stuff. maiden's music and dickinson's voice are so deeply embedded for me, that i had doubts if i could get into the di'anno records. so when there was any maiden vinyl available i stood away from the first two records and rather reached for consequent full lengths. now with the most classic records of the dickinson era in my possession, i had no more excuses.
i visited blitz records store in kiel and my wife found a copy of the sel-titled iron maiden album in the cheapo bin. after a thorough look at the record we both decided that it had too much wear and with a heavy heart i put it back. fortunately the regular maiden section was well stocked and they had another copy in great condition waiting for me. musically i can hang with the record but it won't get me as excited as listening to a classic dickinson-maiden-record.
what i pulled from the racks is a re-press from 1985 on the emi fame series. these were mid-price re-presses to satisfy the demand on iron maiden vinyl. these were issued with a printed dust sleeve advertising other titles of the series. furthermore they come with simple stock centre labels instead of the custom labels of the earlier pressings. despite being over thirty years old, my copy looks fantastic. especially the cover is in pristine condition. emi records. 1980/1985.