Montag, 11. Januar 2016

as i bleed - fire in summer

around christmas time my girl and me are visiting both of our families. as the relatives don't live around the corner, these visits are extended trips. in 2014 we were staying at the house of my mother in law and, as a day trip, we were going to dortmund, which is in the near where she lives, to do some post-christmas shopping. indeed, my only destinations were the record stores in dortmund. my first stop is usually andrä store for used cd's, dvd's and vinyl.
they have a small hard 'n' heavy section which holds some gems from time to time. this time i found a ten inch by a band whose name rang a bell somewhere inside. i couldn't say where that reminiscence came from but i knew that this band plays some stuff i like. i took it to the turntable to confirm my assumption. after i successfully did so, i didn't hestitate to throw four lousy bucks at the shopkeep and took my black version home.
a little time went by and in summer 2015 i came across a clear copy of this ten inch on ebay. as it came even cheaper, because i got it for the starting bid of one euro, it was no problem to me to add another variant to the collection, especially as it is a coloured one. unfortunately i can't tell you much about the band or label because information is a bit scarce but if you like nineties vegan-straight edge hardcore ala arkangel or morning again, this will be right up your alley. the cover is gross though. voice of life records. 1998.