Montag, 15. Juni 2015

slomatics - estron

you remember that post about conan's split release together with slomatics and how i said the latter band wasn't my cup of tea? well, when i looked through the burning world web page, just out of curiosity, one cover caught my eye immediately. the regular reader might know that besides my addiction for vinyl, i am a huge star wars geek. and this cover reminded me strongly of a tatooine desert secene from 'a new hope'.
with this pleasant reminiscence i checked to which band such a cool cover might belong. slomatics was the name. so with my first dislike concerning these guys from belfast in the back of my mind, i ventured out to check some tunes of 'estron'. boy, suddenly it clicked with me. check 'tunnel dragger' and 'futurian' and get spaced out! quickly thereafter i ordered a copy together with the bongripper 'hate ashbury' record of a few posts back.
this new pressing is the first burning world vinyl pressing of this release. the first press was liscensed to head of crom records from the u.k. and came on 'dried blood red' vinyl. burning world brings us an orange variant, which matches the artwork perfectly. speaking of, the artist behind this awesome work is tony roberts who graced conan's records with his visuals as well. lovely! 300 copies made. burning world threw a digi-cd of the album into the package. thanks! 2014/2015.