Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2014

look my way - mentality

as one could read in the last post, i knew that 'mentality' was out as soon as it was put up in the bdhw web store. i usually check out everything that is out on bdhw because of good experiences in the past (nasty, warhound or the setup for example), but because they released it on cd only i had no interest in buying. i didn't know that a different label was issuing the vinyl edition. i found that out later by reading the fanzine 'between the lines'. to me, stuff like this proves the relevance and importance of printed zines. it's great to see that in times of the omni potent internet these physical zines are still out there.
just like the '520' 7", save my soul records gave us the one and only worthy format, the vinyl version of 'mentality'. another thing i love about the hardcore sub-culture are all its small d.i.y. labels and especially germany seems to be packed with them. check save my soul releases and buy stuff from their webstore! look my way's first full length has some really good stuff to offer. simple nyhc that will surely work as it is supposed to be played live. and i think that is the best way to listen to that album - played live. as i said it's good but after listening to it for about eight times, i'm through with it. no long-term effect. but that's my personal impression. check out for yourself!
i love the cover artwork. foremost the x-watch does it for me :-) save my soul records pressed 75 copies on pink vinyl, 103 copies on my green vinyl and 345 copies on black vinyl (with 25 copies coming with special 'ninja-fest' covers). a download coupon for your digital amusement included. save my soul records. 2013.