Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2014

look my way - 520 7"

look my way is a hardcore band from the west of germany. they are relatively new to me. ‘relatively’ because i saw their 520 7” quite often when i searched for madball vinyl on ebay. but the cover never made me want to check them out more closely. so when beatdown hardwear announced their full length record ‘mentality’ last year, i wasn’t too enthusiastic about it. and when i saw that bdhw only released it on cd my interest was gone. as time moved on i read a review about ‘mentality’ in a fanzine called ‘between the lines’ (check them out!).
some references to other bands i like had been made there and it said that save my soul records released a vinyl version. so i moved to their webshop and found next to the full length record, their first 7” ‘520’. i bought them both on coloured vinyl. admittedly ‘520’ is just pretty much alright. nothing real special here. being named after a madball album, they play metallic hardcore with a heavy nyhc edge. they tried to include some own flavour (check ‘black soul’ and listen to the vocals at the end) but it didn’t really work out for me. like i said the songs are alright and that’s it. the ‘mentality’ record is way better.
nevertheless '520' is in its second pressing right now. the first press came on 100 clear/red/black vinyl and 200 black vinyl copies in numerous editions. check discogs for a detailed breakdown. the second press comes on 200 light blue vinyl copies and is still available. next up will be the 'mentality' lp. save my soul records. 2011.