Samstag, 23. November 2013

rwhaf willem: forfeit - visions

forfeit - visions 7"
it was not long ago that i read a post on willem's 'records with history and future' blog about a special cover version of forfeit's debut 7", called 'visions'. i posted a comment saying something like: 'man, i need to get a copy myself'. being the cool guy he his, my fellow blogger mate willem felt the need to help me out of my miserable situation. he sent me an electronic mail, telling me that he had a spare copy to offer. of course i would gladly take it from his hands.
even with postage, which was a little higher than the price for the record willem and me arranged, i payed less than i would have, if i took one of the opportunities i had here (discogs and ebay). so i'm really happy to finally add it to my vinyl pile. musically it's grim, n.y.c. influenced hardcore. good stuff! the band called it quits some years ago, i think it was 2010? a shame that is... go check them out!
all in all, according to the reaper discography, there are 1022 copies of this baby. five tests and then 1017 copies on orange w/ blue splatter vinyl. out of those 77 copies were given a special pre-order cover and 50 came with a special record-release cover. so 890 with the regular sleeve, that i have. reading willem's post, this info can't be correct, because willem has a special summer tour cover out of 100. so probably there are 790 copies with the regular cover floating around. can't be sure. anyway, big thanks to willem! next up will be the freebies he threw into the package.
reaper records. 2008.