Sonntag, 6. Oktober 2013

isolated - this is q-town not l.a.

isolated - this is q-town not l.a.
today's post is a little biased from my side. the reason for this is because there is family relation to this band. my uncle is the vocalist of isolated and next to the guitarist fuchser the only member being right there from the start. my uncle was and is a big influence in my musical development. without him things wouldn't be the way they are. i remember that my first encounters with music was in the form nineties nyhc put to a self-made tape passed to me by my uncle. biohazard's 'urban discipline' and life of agony's 'river runs red' changed my life.
so i always kind of looked up to him and after that more classics like sick of it all's 'scratch the surface' or madball's 'set it off' found its way into my walkman. of course my first expiriences with a hardcore show was an isolated show in my home town of quedlinburg (q-town). given the fact that my aunt and uncle (and other respective workers of the 'dachverein reichenstrasse') putting shows together, i was able to broaden my horizon with other local and even international hardcore acts, like roger miret and the disasters.
and now after twenty years (long time, man) of succesful d.i.y. attitude and many band member changes isolated is still there and still bringing it! check out the songs 'no school' (come together, no matter who you are - punk, hardcore kid, metalhead - no fucking school!) and 'this is q-town not l.a.' (hardcore and its values breed everywhere, not only in big agglomerations like l.a., n.y.c., berlin or whatever). so if you're interested in owning a physical copy now, go to their facebook page and simply ask for it or hit this link! i think they made 500 copies of this nice clear blue w/ white splatter vinyl.