Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2013

(again) burnout store pt. 2/2: trapped under ice - stay cold

trapped under ice – stay cold 7“
tui and me has been a difficult story in the beginning. i checked them out before because they are on reaper. i listened to some song from their first full length i believe. didn’t really convince me so i passed on. at one point i was reading a lot of good posts of fellow bloggers about one or another of their albums or 7”es. knowing myself and my unreliable first impression i tried again. and yet again some ‘secrets of the world’ song didn’t do much for me. if i just could remember which it was. but anyway i wrote an imiginary note to myself to abandon tui once and for all.
but then came burnout store and its 7” section. i flicked through it and saw this cover of stay cold. i knew what the actual cover of ‘stay cold’ looked like and so i thought this had to be some pretty limited version (oh what a fool i was). i pulled it out of the rack, threw it on the turntable and realised that this stuff is actually quite good. and even better! i listen to this baby pretty much every day right now. so damn good. the solos, the hooks, the breaks – ‘stay cold’ has it all and it just won’t let you go! one of my favourite records in the moment.
of course i wanted to check how ‘limited’ my version really is. i found out that it’s the highly sought after fifth press which came with the small amount of only 1000 copies and revised artwork, which tricked me into believing this was special. ah well, i think i don’t deserve better after falsely ignoring them for so long. white with blue splatter vinyl looks ace nevertheless. it was the right day for that colour pattern it seems.
comes with digital download card. reaper records. 2008.